Wednesday, 24 September 2014

New Work


I'm a little bit obsessed with this little thing called Instagram. I can't help myself, but I keep looking at other artists progress, process and everything in between and become completely overwhelmed with what I want to achieve. It does my head in some days. So much that I have to take a step back, refocus and completely SIMPLIFY everything! I tend to overthink my paintings sometimes, trying to cram too much onto the canvas or the next 10 paintings I want to do. So the new one I started today, instead of drawing onto the canvas, I decided to sketch my outline with some fluid paint and see where it took me. I'm liking where this is going, what do you think?


I managed a few hours blocking in this evening, gosh it's a good feeling when the paint goes on quickly and I know which direction I am going in. I have simplified my style, and this has happened, I'm a very happy girl!


No comments: