Tuesday, 29 July 2014

The Art Gallery of NSW

I LOVE this place. It's one of my happy places, so familiar, so inspiring. I spent the day at the Art Gallery of New South Wales with my Mum and Dad today. We went to see the Archibald, Wynne and Sulman Prizes. A few of my favourites are below, plus a couple of others around the gallery...


Mia Oatley's "Real Thing", portrait of Tim Maguire

Max Berry's "Goat Farm, overlooking Norfolk Bay".


Michael Muir's "Where Secrets Lie".

Noel McKenna's "Palm Beach Wharf".

Top: Craig Handley's "Browallia (assembly required)"
Bottom: Halinka Orszulok's "Wreck".

A John Olsen Painting (love it)

A Brett Whiteley Painting

Cy Twombly installation


I always love a walk through in this room, it makes me feel like I am in Europe somewhere - so beautiful!

No comments: