Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Just Popping In...

I'm just popping in for a little minute. I have been painting non-stop lately, trying to get a few big artworks done. These photos were taken last week at the beginning stages of this particular painting, I'll post some updated ones in a few days. I'm calling it "Coast" at the moment. It's 54 x 44 inches, a pretty big one.


I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my own painting. I tend to paint flat colours, like when you separate colours for a screen print. I think my brain works a bit 2 dimensional. When I look at something I want to paint, my brain breaks it up into small areas of colour. When I draw it onto the canvas, it resembles a paint by numbers canvas without the paint and the little numbers. It seems to work for the effect I want to get, I guess this is my style. These next couple of photos are previous paintings that I have done that were chosen for group exhibitions. See how they're similar to paint by numbers?




Right now though, it's back to painting, oh how I love to paint!

No comments: