Friday, 31 January 2014

Flashback Friday

Ok, I'm not sure if I should say how long ago I did these mixed media works, but it was for my HSC in high school. 

It was the time of the breaking down of the Berlin Wall and I had somehow gotten my hands onto a TimeLIFE magazine. I looked through the pages for some inspiration, and article after article was about some form of protest elsewhere in the world. I remember feeling quite sad about seeing so much anger, and then seeing jubilation in the faces of others, especially after the Wall came down. I had never travelled outside of where I lived at that age, so it was all really new to me. The photography in that one magazine made a huge impact on my young mind.

So I chose to do 6 mixed media works for the Higher School Certificate and here they are. A series based on Protest. 








1 comment:

Leanne said...

Wow !!!! They are so cool...... xo