Saturday, 10 August 2013

10 on 10 - August

It's been quite a while since I participated in 10 on 10. Since our holiday to Europe in May/June, I've only snapped a few photos here and there with my DSLR. Most of the time I've just been using my iPhone on Instagram to document our adventures.

Today I made a conscious effort to look at the clock, take photos and "play" with my camera. The kids were out for most of the day with my hubby, so I had a big list of what I needed to get done. I stopped to enjoy the little things today though, the silence was lovely...
Master R at breakfast.

Master L doing what he loves most.

On their way out for a day at the Fete with Daddy.

While tidying, I came across a metal box full of old slides, I stood for half an hour looking at them.


Spent a short while updating my Etsy shop.

Thinking about some new fabric designs. I like to use the iPad to quickly sketch ideas if I'm in a hurry.

An afternoon snack, some heart shaped dried pear.

Trying to clean up Master R's mess and I dropped the container, it turned into a pretty mess.

I kept ducking outside to enjoy the sunshine as much as possible, pretty gorgeous for a Winter's day.

My kitchen needed a bit of sprucing up, so I cut some branches from my succulent plants and put them into vases.

Picking up shells the kids play with on the deck, they hurt SO much when you step on them barefoot.

Home made pizza for dinner tonight!

 I like to get the kids involved so they (hopefully) eat the end product.

Ready for the oven.

Dinnertime!!!

Link up over at Rebekah's blog and check out some of the other 10 on 10's.




9 comments:

Milina said...

Hello Monique. I'm so happy to have found your blog via Rebekah's. your boys are gorgeous.
I love what you have done with your succulents. Plants brighten up any spot.
Milina x

Sharon said...

Lovely photo of your boys with pizzas. The pizzas looked yum too! What a gorgeous view you have out your window.

Catherine said...

Your day looks lovely Monique. Those pretty succulents, that gorgeous view and that pizza oh yummo. Thanks for popping by:)

Bron said...

What a great record of your day...some time alone to tackle tasks is always good especially when you discover such treasures as slides. xx

ally said...

Hello Monique - loved seeing these glimpses of your world today
The succulents look fab and little glittery bits are always pretty - even if they are messy!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

love that little heart shaped pear...I wouldn't have wanted to eat it. Your succulents looks so pretty.

Krysta Nicole said...

Wow - your photos are stunning! I especially love how beautiful that mess was on the counter and floor. Thanks for inspiring me with your set!

Amy Bramer said...

ahhh... what a beautiful view! and I think those slides are my favorite! So cool.

Mommy Girl said...

oh those slides! Brings back lots of memories!!