Monday, 26 March 2012

"Mon"day

Another week rolls around and I have barely had time for anything. I can't believe it's Monday again already!

My parents stayed with us for a few days, which was lovely. We went to the Art Gallery of NSW last Friday before the Picasso Exhibition finished on Sunday - great exhibition by the way. I love a quick trip into the city to one of my favourite places. We even had time to wander around a few floors of the gallery before heading back over to our side of the bridge for school pick-up.

*****

Yesterday we went up to North Head at Manly for a dedication ceremony for my Grandfather (whom I never met, he passed away before I was born), and his Engineers Division of the Army from WWII. There is now a permanent ceremonial walkway that I plan on taking the kids to, to see some of our family history. It was a really lovely dedication and the sound from the bagpipers was so wonderful and uplifting. Also, it was really great to see some of my extended family as well.
Bagpiper

*****

Last week I was going through a few old drawing inspiration. I am still working on some larger paintings that I hope to have finished by the end of the week.

1 comment:

jfoster8 said...

Hi Monique...love your blog...your photos and your art ...so have nominated you for the Leibster award...for small blogs.
Jan