Tuesday, 24 May 2011

A Day Out (with Friends)

I have never seen Bondi Beach so deserted! I drove to Bondi this morning, it was beautiful, peaceful and quiet. I don't think I've been there on a weekday in Wintertime - It's so much better than seeing thousands of people laying around hungover on the weekend, wondering if you are going to have your bag/wallet pinched! I much prefer our beaches on the North side, but I am biased.

My friends from San Francisco are visiting for a few days, I have only seen them twice since we moved back here from NY all those years ago. It is so wonderful to have them staying with us, they make me remember back to the days without children, and responsibilities. We've had so much fun reminiscing, eating good food and drinking lovely wines. Too bad their time with us is so short.

After the morning in Bondi, we drove into the City and met Nick for lunch at the Australian Hotel at The Rocks. We ate Kangaroo Pizza, Crocodile Pizza and had a few Aussie Beers. The weather turned sour and we headed for home. It was a really lovely day, no kids, no real plans, just wandering around our beautiful city.
Bondi Beach
Bondi Beach

Bondi Beach
Backpackers Rip - Bondi

Bondi Icebergs
Bondi Icebergs

Bondi Beach
Bondi Shops

Bondi Graffiti
Bondi Graffiti Wall

Bondi graffiti
Bondi Graffiti Wall

Graffiti at Bondi
Bondi Graffiti Wall
Australian Hotel - The Rocks, Sydney
Tanner and Monique
My lovely friend Tanner and I at The Australian Hotel

No comments: