Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Reef

Submerged
Reef - Acrylic on Canvas
I quietly disappeared yesterday afternoon, down to my studio, to paint. The kids were having fun playing with their Dad, so it was a perfect opportunity. Leanne gave me an early birthday gift on the weekend, an awesome Ken Duncan Limited Edition Photograph - Breakwater Lighthouse, Delaware USA. It brings back lots of memories from living in the US, I love it! The problem was that it looked lonely where I hung it, so I got the urge to paint a small canvas to hang with it. I like that they are mismatched. What do you think?

I decided to call my new painting "Reef". It reminds me of snorkeling over a reef, there are always so many beautiful coloured fish, coral and other aquatic life. 
Art Hanging

1 comment:

Leanne Harvey said...

Love the painting and the Ken Duncan isn't bad either..
Luv L xo