Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Treasures

Just a quick one to show you the loveliness things that came home with me from last weeks Stitches and Craft show in Sydney. Some KOKKA fabric below caught my eye. I really love red printed onto linen. I don't know what to use it for yet, so it will stay in my stash for a while.
 Prints Charming prints seemed to be my favourite. I bought quite a few hand printed fat quarters and a few panels below. This one below is calling out to be embroidered and become a cushion for the living room.



 Some Prints Charming scraps below will came in handy for some small projects I have planned.
 Even the Prints Charming paper bags that they gave me my stuff in are lovely.
 Some PC fat quarters that will become a quilt one day.
 I picked out some random fat quarters from various shops to make a red, white and grey quilt for my king size bed.

 Now this piece below is very special. I bought it for my sister Leanne for her 40th birthday. It is vintage embroidery from Turkey from the Frances Ergan shop at the show. Leanne fell in love with it as soon as she saw it. I haven't given it to her yet, her birthday is in a few weeks, I made her wait. So, ssshh, its a secret, don't tell her.
Now I'm off to do something wonderful with all these lovely things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a beautiful gift for your lovely sister. I'm sure she will cherish it forever. If it was me I would put it on a wing chair. Shhh, I won't tell your sister.