Sunday, 20 June 2010

A Special Treat!

We have had a Girls Only weekend organised since this time last year. My Sister and I had a few must do things on our list that we wanted to do together , no kids and no husbands. We stayed overnight in the City (Sydney) in a hotel near Central Station and the Haymarket area, a short walk to the Convention Centre at Darling Harbour - site of the Sydney Stitches and Craft Show. 

I only really had one stall I wanted to go to. I have been wanting a copy of the new Prints Charming book for a little while. I met the lovely Cath and she signed the book for me as well. I accidently bought quite a few fat quarters of their hand printed fabrics and some prints for me to embroider as well. Everything was so deliciously lovely and has inspired me to get back on the printing wagon. She is so inspiring and so lovely...
 That's me ☝
And outside the Show in the beautiful warm winter weather, this was spinning around. It made me feel good inside.

We saw Sex and the City 2 at the movies and laughed our heads off, shed a few tears and giggled a lot. As my sister said, "It was like going to see old friends". I know the movie isn't the most fantastic ever made, but it made us happy and we loved how OTT it was. After the movie, we had a lovely dinner at Darling Harbour - Lobster! No holding back.

After another half day at the S&CS on Sunday looking at the Quilt Exhibition, I was tired and ready to go home. It was such a lovely weekend, just us two, just like it used to be. A special treat indeed!

2 comments:

Ivo Serentha and Friends said...

Compliments for your blog and pictures included, I invite you to see the photo blog,
CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

Each week released a new album

Greetings from Italy

Marlow

Leanne Harvey said...

It was the funnest time I've had in ages. Thanks for the special sister time. It was just what the doctor ordered.
Luv L xoxo