Friday, 16 April 2010

The Sydney Royal Easter Show

Last Friday we braved the crowds and took the kids along to see The Sydney Royal Easter Show out at Sydney Olympic Park. I haven't been to The Show since I was a child, and back then it was in the middle of the city. I used to be a country girl back then and loved every minute of the stinky animals. This time however, I almost threw up a few times while inside the animal areas. The kids absolutely loved it, they got cow poo on their shoes, and we didn't mind a bit!

We patted everything we could get our hands on, and even saw baby chicks breaking out of their eggs. The cow parade was an awesome sight, hundreds of cows all lined up ready to strut their stuff in the main arena. We loved it all.

(I accidently deleted all the pics off my camera, so I have attached a few from flickr. Click the *** to go to pic on flickr.)
The kids thought the cows were huge!
A cute little calf above.
The Farmyard Nursery was really lovely. We all got to pat and feed many kinds of farm animals.
The Racing and Diving Pigs were hilarious. We sat right at the top of the stand and couldn't see much of the racing, but it was fun anyway.
Next up we watched a few people lose money on the clown balls, and then went on the Giant Slide. SO MUCH FUN!!! I haven't felt that kind of adrenalin rush for years. It was scary as well as exhilarating.
Luca and I took a long ride on the Sky Walk Ferris Wheel above. It was so peaceful, just the 2 of us, we could see for miles.
There weren't many quilts on display, only a few small ones and a couple of larger ones. I guess the have to fit so much into the show that each area of display only gets a certain amount of space to show things.
The fruit and veg displays once again blew my mind. Everything that you see is made from fresh produce. A M A Z I N G !
The thing that the boys were desperate to see was Robosaurus. A huge metal car crunching robot dinosaur. Need I say more!

We had a really fun time at The Show. The day/night went so fast, we could have done so much more, but it was quite exhausting. The kids came home with 2 show bags each (Luca got a Professor Jelly Science Bag as well as How to Train Your Dragon show bag and Remi got Lazytown (it has a bat and ball which he hasn't put down for a week) and Backyardigans show bags).

No comments: