Friday, 17 July 2009

Warringah Art Exhibition 2009

The company of my big Sister, a jazz band, champagne and hors d'oeuvres to die for, more than make up for being squashed in like sardines to see the beautiful artworks on show at this years Warringah Art Exhibition Opening last night. I was amazed at the high standard this year and the Youth category was sensational. The new category "Waste to Art" really gave a humorous look into the things we discard willy nilly in our everyday lives - it has got my mind racing, what do I have in my recycling that I can re-purpose as art. I managed to get a few photos of the Show after the official proceedings had ended when a lot of people had left.
Me with my painting "Strength and Courage"
Below are a few photos throughout the exhibition that caught my eye.
Above Left: "Oh Imogen!!!" by Christine OHagan

Above: "Eye Candy 1" by Leesa Knights

Above: "Three Dogs' by Adam Craven

Above: "Street Play" by Roanize Kruger
Highly Commended in the Youth Category

Above: "Never the Bride" by Fibre Alchemists

Above: The General category winner "In Transit" by Elli Mundell
From far away "In Transit" looked like a photograph, unfortunately my photo doesn't do it justice at all. I was squished up against it trying to get a good shot.

It was a really lovely night and being able to spend it with my sister who I don't get to see enough made me want to do this more often. Hopefully it is sooner than I think - if I can get my act together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didnt you like my drawing Monique???? Brendan SMITH