Thursday, 28 February 2008

Plastic Playroom

Sometimes I look at all the toys that Luca has and wonder why there is SO much plastic. I think we are drawn to the bright colours, I guess they look fun. I much prefer hand made and wooden toys, they feel like they have much more personal value. Sometimes we don't have a choice though, we already had our chance in childhood to have the few things we liked, and now it's his turn to enjoy the "toys of the day". Sadly, he loves colourful plastic. Once the kids are done with the toys, and have grown out of them, we will probably donate the unbroken ones to charity, or hand them on to family and friends who want them.

So here is the playroom, all neat and tidy, one second before it got demolished by Luca. My studio is in the same room but isn't photo worthy just yet. I am still organising and making things pretty.

Only 8 weeks to go until the new arrival so I have been busy washing all of Luca's hand me down newborn clothes and things in anticipation. I am anxious to find out who has been jumping around constantly inside my belly. Luca is just in love with him/her talks to him/her all the time. He always makes me pretend to talk back to him in a little squeeky baby voice. He thinks the whole thing is just wonderful. There are a few family members hoping for the elusive girl, my sister has already named "her" Zara, and plans on calling it Zara no matter what. Sorry Leanne, Zara's not on our list.

Time for a quick nap, feeling a little tired from having to get up 4 times a night to go pee.

Happy Days, Mon xo.

No comments: