Friday, 8 February 2008

A Gray Sky Day

It's not that I have been too busy to be on the computer or even write a post or two, it's just too much fun looking and lurking on other blogs. I am a sticky beak, I love to see what everyone else is up to. The things people come up with are truly amazing. I have to say that since my last post 17 days ago I have been on the computer every day looking for new ideas and inspiration.

I did a small name painting last week for baby Noah and it was well received with lots of smiles (from Noah's mum). I enjoyed the few hours of painting it took to do it, but I wasn't rushing on to the next canvas at all.

I think about painting every day, and doing some more quilting (what has my sister done to me). I even bought some new fabrics this week from Fat Quarter Shop.


I just got two fat quarter packs, Katie Jump Rope (by Denyse Schmidt (above)) blue's and green's, as well as Two Young Street fabrics by Prints Charming.

Prints Charming are Australian, yet it is WAY cheaper for me to buy their fabrics from the U.S, even with shipping costs, rather than from here, which is unfortunate. I plan on making quilts out of both of the packs, and whatever is left over, who knows. My sewing skills are not that great if it involves anything other than a straight line - but I'm working on it.

The studio is finally coming together. I just need some curtains to keep out the prying neighbours eyes. I have all the things I need to put the curtains up, I just don't know if I feel safe getting up on a ladder with a 28 week pregnant belly, I may be a little front heavy. I guess I had better ask for help with that one.

I have been a little frustrated with uploading photos to my blog too. The pics are downloaded from my camera onto my Mac which doesn't have an internet connection yet (the hubby is working on it - for 2 months now), so getting them onto my blog has been a little problem so far. Hopefully it will be resolved this weekend when he has some time to do it and I will go back and insert the pics where they belong.

Anyway, back to the daily grind now. I have washing to put away and dinner to make. The rain just won't go away either. Oh the joy!

xo Mon

No comments: