Wednesday, 13 February 2008

Creature Comforts

After a successful trip to IKEA a few weeks ago, I have now managed to get everything under control in my studio and the play room. It is a complicated adventure trying to fit in a kazillion and one toys along side tons of blank and unfinished canvases (as well as all the little odds and ends that go along with an art studio). I bought a few bookcases, and couldn't pass up a few fabric bargains either. The fabric is purely IKEA, bright colours and patterns, perfect for Luca's playroom. I covered a pin board with one of the fabrics last week, just to brighten things up a bit.

It is very white down there in the studio/play room. Just to make it a bit more sterile, I am about to go and put up white cheesclothy like curtains. I need the brightness without feeling like I am in a fish bowl. Then, over time I will start to add some colour (although, the super bright toys add some crazy colour to the room).

I know sharing a space with kids does not make it my own, but he plays fine if I am in the same room as him. If not, he gets up to too much mischief which I have to spend hours cleaning and tidying later.

I bought the fabric below to cover my inspiration board, but am finding it too nice to use just for that. It is quite thick and would probably look really good made up as slip covers for a boring chair that I have in my living room. Now I just have to find the time to sew.

Happy Day. Mon xo

No comments: