Saturday, 22 December 2007

:: 'Tis The Season To Be Jolly ::


I am not sure if it is just this time of year, but the days are just flying by. I only have 5 people to buy Christmas presents for but have still managed to leave it until the last minute to go shopping. The last 2 weeks have been consumed with cleaning and unpacking. Today was meant to be a shopping day, but it has to wait until tomorrow.

The move went fine - a HUGE effort was put in by everyone and we are forever grateful. It took two full days to get everything out of the Unit, and a couple of half days to clean up after ourselves. Next time a professional mover will be used for sure, it was pretty hectic for everyone involved.

I felt weird in our new house for the first week or so, but now it all feels real. We love the location and it is surprisingly quiet living next door to a unit block. We have a few minor things to do (screens on all the windows - the Xmas beetles keep crashing around the walls, a side fence and front gate to keep the little guy in, along with the usual yard maintenance), but none of it is urgent, it can all wait until after Xmas.

I am desperate to get my art studio back together, I have a million and one ideas running around my head that want to get out. I have some time after Xmas while Nick is off work to get my act together. We will hopefully spend some time at the beach if the weather is ok, but other than that, it should be a pretty chilled week.

Until then, have a safe and happy holiday season. Hope you get all that you wish for.
Cheers, Mon. xo

No comments: