Thursday, 16 August 2007

A Big Box of Chocolate (Lollipops)

Wow, it has been a week since I last posted here. I have not been painting, I have been spending more time with Luca. My time has not been completely all about the little guy though. I have made a new quilt, I finished the top today. It took me 4 days to do. I worked on it while Luca had his daily nap. Next, it is off to my sisters house to get quilted on her big quilting machine.



The fabric is the ever popular Chocolate Lollipop by Anna Maria Horner, and I made the pattern up as I went along, it's pretty basic, but good for a beginner like me. I had 3 Charm Packs (29 Fabrics in each pack, each fabric 5inches square), another lot I bought off Ebay of 36 6.5inch squares, and a few mixed full yards as well. It is a little chaotic, but I like it. It will go well in my "white room". With this mixture of warm, then cold, then warm weather, the fabric colors make me just want Spring to hurry up. As you can see below, even the little fella likes the bright colors.


Although, he did ask me if the quilt was for his bedroom. When I said "no", he said "good, it's got too much pink"! How's that for a kid who knows what he likes and doesn't like. I think he is quite happy with his room just the way it is.

Time to cook dinner.
Happy Day. Mon. xo

1 comment:

michelle giacobello said...

That is completely divine, and absolutely perfect!