Tuesday, 24 July 2007

A Few Days in the Country

It has been about a week since my last post, a little too long to wait - sorry, but we've been having so much fun- none of it painting though. I had all good intentions to get some done today but instead I caught up with my lovely pregnant friend. She is, of course, glowing! I am so happy for them.

We had a lovely time last week at my sister Leanne's house. I took Master Luca to see his cousins for a few days. He wore himself (and me) out every day. We had so much fun outside in the cold playing in the cubby house.

It was amazing to see all the lovely flowers in their garden out in bloom. It almost felt like spring is on it's way - except that last week, it was the coldest yet this winter. Here are a few pics of her lovely garden... how beautiful are these.



I really like succulents, so I especially like these Ogre's Ears - is that the technical name for them??? Hee haw.


The bees were having a wonderful time on these Fried Egg flowers (another technical term).

My sister and I had a lot of fun just chatting for three days straight. She even gave me a refresher course on sewing. I have all this fabric and am too afraid to cut into it. A few years ago, she made me this quilt. It is a favourite of mine, and Luca decided it is his "favourite and best" as well. He sleeps with it on him every night. It is getting worn pretty fast - or should we say it is very "well loved".

My sister has all this lovely fabric displayed nicely in her cupboard. She is in the process of setting up her studio, and most of the fabrics are still in the many storage containers she has around the room. She has a million quilting projects of her own, as well as her job as a Quilting Teacher, and her other job Machine Quilting everyone else's masterpieces. Oh, and they have 3 beautiful boys to keep them busy as well - Ethan, Oscar and Archer. Hmm, kind of makes me think I need to get it together a bit better. That organisation thing that I wrote about the other day... still hasn't happened. I have managed to start a few new projects though. For one of them I am using this Amy Butler Lotus Fabric to make Amy's Lotus Brick Path Quilt. I have almost finished the quilt front and I will post a pic when I am done.

Here are a couple of close up pictures of the things in my sister's studio. A few yummy fabrics, some quilting magazines, embroidery threads and a shelf in the fabric cupboard.


A few quilting mags... I think there are about 10 piles of these.



I had to add this awfully cute picture of Luca - his hair is growing so fast these days.

That has to be it for today. I'm tired and I am going to have a lovely uninterrupted sleep (wishful thinking) Luca likes to visit at all hours of the night. He says our bed is more comfy than his. I have to agree..

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz
Mon
xo

No comments: