Tuesday, 12 June 2007

Oliver the Illustrator


I gots me some new boots....
I couldn't deal with my cold feet any longer. The central heat is broken in our place and it is SO cold in the evenings that I just had to get myself some roxy UG's. I haven't had a pair of UG's since I was about 12 when we used to go camping. I thought they were too daggy up until now, until I realised they are really comfy and warm. I wanted a pair last winter, but didn't get them quick enough and they sold out, I think I will get a lot of wear out of them for years to come. MMmm mmm toasty!

Anyhoo.. I went out to run a few errands this morning and went into the book shop. I always like to find new books for Luca. We read to him so much, I think it is us who are bored from hearing the same stories over and over again. We love this book we bought in L.A last year called "Lost and Found" by Oliver Jeffers. The illustrations are just gorgeous, and the story is very sweet. His website is pretty cool too.

I knew there were 3 that he has had published. I found one today called "The Incredible Book Eating Boy", and couldn't resist buying it. I even put his first book on order "How to Catch a Star" - we just LOVE them.

I am off to do some painting now, I have a full brain and there are things trying to get out onto the canvas.

Some birthday wishes today too...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE DAVE

Keep Smiling...

Mon
xoxo

No comments: