Friday, 18 May 2007

My friends are Artists too....

Oops, I forgot to post this the other day...






:: Acrylic on Canvas on Board by Belynda Henry ::

Belynda has been a good friend of mine since Primary School. We loved being artistic together all through High School and on to University. We both studied at Sydney College of the Arts from 1991-1993. Belynda became an Art Teacher for a few years after leaving Uni, and then decided to become a full time Professional Artist soon thereafter. She has had numerous solo and group exhibitions which have been fantastic to see. The most recent at Richard Martin Galleries in Woollahra, Sydney.

I have always admired Belynda and the way she works. She has always been an inspiration to me and to the way I create things. She works so hard and the ideas all seem to flow so naturally for her.
I can't wait for her next exhibition.


:: Watercolor on Paper by John Tanner ::

Tanner and I have been good friends for about 9 years now. We love to do CRAZY things together when we see each other. He is a very artistic person and surprises me all the time with the wonderful things that he can do. He gave me this artwork of the Empire State Building before we moved away from NYC in 2003. I will frame it once we move into our next house. I really love the colors he has used. He also gave me an awesome framed black and white photograph for my 30th birthday which is still wrapped up in storage. Thanks Tanner! I can't wait to see him again. Maybe Mexico in October????

Keep Smiling!

Mon.
x