Monday, 16 April 2007

Vintage inspired.....



We had a really great Easter, we spent time with my parents up the coast for two of the days, and had a sickening amount of chocolate on Sunday. While we were up there, we went through tons of boxes we have had stored since before we moved to New York in 1994 and back again in 2003. I forgot I had so many drawings/paintings, inspirational journals (and alot of crappy stuff as well). I found about 30 art books from exhibitions I had been to when I was younger. All this inspired me a great deal. It is like there is not enough time in the day to do all the things that spring into my mind.

After spending 3 days at my sisters house with Luca last week, and all her quilting and fabric colourfulness around (above is part of the quilt she made for me from all the fabrics I collected in Hawaii on our way back to Australia to live), I have been sketching down idea after idea for the thousand of paintings I want to do. But... when I have a 2 and a half year old running rampage through every room in the house, my only time for painting during the day is either when he is having a nap, or on the one day a week he goes to Kindy.

Anyway... I know, just get on with it.
M.
x

No comments: