Thursday, 5 April 2007

Life's good...



I love this! After a late night for me last night (I was trying to work out how to upload photos to here), Luca and I decided today would be a nice day for a walk along the beach. With my little guy in tow, we walked for miles - he ran most of the way. We found a small starfish and played with it for a while before I had to carry him all the way back home. Poor little guy was exhausted!



While he has just gone for a nap, I have sat down with a cup of tea in front of the computer with so many thing running through my brain. I been looking through some of our photos from last year and came across some lovely cupcakes that Luca and his sweet little friends all had at their 2yr old combined birthday party last September. They are just lovely and make me happy.



I have been looking at so many people's blog pages and have been completely consumed with learning about other REALLY creative people like me. I've never really given a second thought to being an artist, it is just what I love to do. I'm inspired by everything I see... my surroundings, my family, my friends, nature, and the richness of everyday life. I really try to show this in everything I create.

Ever since we had Luca in 2004, I have been painting a lot of art for children. I just paint what comes to my mind. I usually get some inspiration from things I have seen around me, and pretty much just let it flow.
I went to Sydney College of the Arts (Sydney Uni) and got my Bachelor of Visual Arts Degree in 1993. Just after that, my husband and I moved to New York for almost 10 years. New York is an awsome place to be inspired that's for sure. Now we are back in sunny Sydney and enjoying being back with our families and friends, and of course the gorgeous weather. What a day!

Enjoy!
Monique x

If you get a chance, have a look at some of my artworks by clicking the flickr button to the right.

No comments: