Thursday, 26 April 2007

Lest We Forget....



Yay... finally the sun is out after 4 days of continuous rain. We had an ANZAC Day holiday yesterday, which was a nice mid-week break. Anzac day is the day we celebrate the soldiers who have fought on Australia’s behalf to protect our own shores and others.

I am so grateful that we live in such a beautiful country full of peace and beauty, and that it has not suffered any great trauma as a country, at least since I have been alive anyway. Our battles have been for the most part fought on the behalf of others, and it troubles me deeply that war is necessary at all. I am the sort of person who believes that to carry a weapon is dangerous, but I can see that at times it is completely necessary to stand up for those that can’t stand up for themselves.

So the relevence of the pic of Rosemary is that a small sprig is worn on your lapel as a sign of rememberence.

That said, we had a lovely day with a BBQ Lunch at my husband's brothers new apartment in Alexandria. The weather has become surprisingly cold after Summer hanging on for so long. It is really only this week that we have started to feel the cold.

I haven't done any painting or drawing since my husband's sister got here on Tuesday. Oh well, start again next week. I have a few things that I have to do for my parents upcoming 40th Wedding Anniversary next month, so they will take priority over the next few weeks. I can't tell you what they are because Mum & Dad read my blog and they will find out all the nice surprises.

Now that the sun has come out, we have a lot of outdoor things planned for the next few days. Everyday, Luca and I go for a walk and we pass this Reserve and Unit block on our way. I just love the 1950's style. It is almost the last red brick block that is left to renovate along the ocean front in this area. I just love this picture, it reminds me of much simpler times.



So many things to do, so little time...
Must fly...

M.
xo

No comments: